These services are for anyone who is feeling at risk of suicide and needs to access support, as well as for people who have an interest in trying to help prevent suicide.
These services are delivered together as Safe Connections by our partners and are in addition to existing crisis lines and local mental health support services (see tabs on the left).
There are five elements:
- Safe Connections App: providing a safe, quick and efficient way for local residents to access vital support information, downloadable via QR code or hyperlink.
- Community hub: supporting local people who are experiencing suicidal thoughts to access the right service at the right time.
- Community protectors: training local residents to support their communities and offer near-by support for people feeling suicidal.
- Bereavement: offering specialist support for those bereaved following a suicide. For more info, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 0208 525 2337. Make an online referral via the Grief in Pieces Referral Form
- Training for professionals: delivering a tailored programme for health and care professionals to help them provide timely suicide interventions
Safe Connections are being provided by a range of partners working collaboratively across north east London, including: Mind, Res Consortium, CPEN Tower Hamlets East London Foundation Trust, North East London Foundation Trust, and NEL CCG.
The services are accessible for people over the age of 18 years living in the following areas in north east London: City and Hackney; Newham, Tower Hamlets, Waltham Forest, Barking and Dagenham, Havering and Redbridge.
Anyone outside of these criteria who tries to access the services will be directed to their relevant services as appropriate.