According to information on the web pages of mental health charity, Mind:
- 1 in 4 people will experience a mental health problem of some kind each year in England
- 1 in 6 people report experiencing a common mental health problem (like anxiety and depression) in any given week in England
This is based on research undertaken before the pandemic. We are expecting these numbers to rise. That is why looking after your mental health and wellbeing is one of our top priorities and we are working hard on a range of innovations to support local people.
We are working closely with our two NHS trust providers of mental health services:
- North East London Foundation Trust: covering Barking and Dagenham, Havering, Redbridge and Waltham Forest
- East London Foundation Trust: covering City and Hackney, Newham and Tower Hamlets
We also work closely with local doctors, local authorities and local community and voluntary groups across north east London.
There are a number of different types of support available and information will be updated on these pages. Please click on the heading below which best matches your needs:
- Crisis lines: who to contact in an emergency
- Adult mental health services: stressed, worried, feeling down? Talk to a trained adviser
- Children’s mental health services: specialist support for children and young people
- Self-help resources: a range of apps, tools and guidance you can access today
- Bereavement support: coping with the death of a friend or relative