The North East London (NEL) Learning Disabilities and Autism Transformation Board brings together partners in health and social care to oversee the delivery of the NHS Long Term plan and other work to improve the lives of people with learning disabilities and/or autism who live in the NEL boroughs.
The Board oversees the delivery of the following programmes of work:
- Reducing the use of inpatient beds for children and adults
- Increasing the uptake of personal budgets and personal health budgets
- The Learning Disability Mortality Programme (LeDeR)
- Learning Disability Annual Health Checks (including delivery of GP training);
- The STOMP (Stopping the Over Medication of People with a Learning Disability) and STAMP (Supporting Treatment and Appropriate Medication in Paediatrics) programmes;
- Positive Behaviour Support and crisis services;
- Delivery of C(E)TR targets; and
- Opportunities for joint commissioning and market development
The Board is also committed to engaging with people with learning disabilities and/or autism on the work taking place.
Meetings take place every eight weeks and are currently being held online using MS Teams. Easy read copies of the minutes for each board meeting will be uploaded on here soon.